PNE Amphitheatre Rules
For your own security and comfort and that of other guests, please observe the following rules and regulations during your visit to the Pacific National Exhibition Amphitheatre. For latest rules we always recommend checking directly with the venue. You can call PNE Amphitheatre on (604) 253 – 2311.
PNE Amphitheatre wants every guest and visitor to have a great time during their visit. To make sure that your viewing experience is unforgettable, then they have created a set of rules and policies that all guests are expected to follow. Please take a moment and read the following rules and policies. Because any guest found in violation may be expelled without refund or banned from the venue.
If you have any questions about these policies, please call the venue staff at (604) 253 – 2311.
No pets are allowed with the exception of permitted Companion and Seeing Eye dogs. Service animals must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
Bank ATM Machines
There are multiple ATM machines located at the venue.
For most events, children under the age of two are not required to have a ticket. However, should you wish for your child to have their own seat, a ticket is required. Shows intended for a younger audience (i.e., Disney on Ice) require that children who have celebrated their first birthday have a ticket. Please check each event individually for age requirements if you are uncertain.
Code of Conduct Policy
All guests are expected to do their best to create a positive atmosphere. This primarily means avoiding the following behaviors.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Alcoholic beverages brought onto PNE property. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the amphitheatre will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and will result in the Guest being ejected
- Obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Dangerous, abusive, profane or illegal behavior
- Unruly or inconsiderate behavior
- Indecent exposure or undressing
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
- Interfering with security procedures
- Interfering with the event or throwing any object onto the stage
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed area
- Video taping/audio recording of show
- Selling tickets or other merchandise on PNE property
- Handing out goods or literature not pre-approved by the Pacific National Exhibition
- Any other conduct that is beyond the bounds of reasonable behavior for spectators attending an event
The doors open one hour prior to the start of the event. We recommend showing up as early as possible so you can get past security and right to the fun!
First-aid services are available during all events from staff specially trained in emergency first-aid procedures.
Food & Beverage
The PNE provides an assortment of food and beverage services for guests attending Amphitheatre events. All food and beverage locations accept cash, debit and credit. Please refrain from bringing your own food and drink onto the premises.
Guests with Disabilities
There is a designated drop-off and pick-up zone for guests with disabilities located through Gate 9. We provide over 50 on-site parking spaces for the disabled located in Lot 9. Wheelchair and Attendant seats are located in a designated area within the Amphitheatre. If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of the facility or you need special arrangements, please call the venue at 604-252-3588.
Lost & Found
Lost something at the show? Then no problem!
If you have lost a personal item while attending an event at the PNE please call the PNE’s Lost and Found hotline at 604-251-7717 or email [email protected]. Be sure to leave your full name, contact number, the date and event you lost your item and a full description of the item. Every attempt will be made to locate the lost item and you will be contacted only if the item is found. The PNE does not reimburse patrons for lost or stolen items.
Note: All lost & found or checked items will be destroyed or donated if unclaimed after 30 days. In addition, PNE Amp is not responsible for any of your missing items.
No Smoking Policy
In accordance with the Vancouver Park Board Smoking Regulation By-Law, PNE Amphitheatre is a no smoking facility. As such, guests are not permitted to smoke once inside the gates of the Amphitheatre grounds. Please note – there are no in and out privileges.
Pat Down Policy
In order to provide a safe environment, you and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the Amphitheatre. By tendering the ticket and entering the Amphitheatre, you consent to such searches. If you elect not to consent to the searches, you will be denied entry into the Amphitheatre. Also, the premises are monitored by video camera, please be aware that your movements may be recorded.
The following items are not allowed within the venue.
- Lawn Chairs
- Weapons of any kind
- Anything that could be used as a weapon or as a projectile
- Bottles, cups, jugs or cans of any kind
- Fireworks, flares, or other pyrotechnics
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind, narcotics or other illegal stimulants
- Any sort of animals other than permitted guide dogs for the visually impaired
- Any promotional or commercial materials not pre-approved by PNE management
- Spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyes or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable
- Mechanically-operated instruments which produce an excessive volume of noise such as megaphones, air or gas-powered horns
- Laser pointers
- Cameras, video cameras or other sound or video recording equipment
- Computers or other devices used for the purposes of transmitting or disseminating sound, pictures, descriptions or results of the events via the internet or other forms of media
- Other objects which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the Event
There are two permanent washrooms accompanied by temporary washroom trailers located at the venue. Each permanent washroom offers wheelchair accessible stalls. There are baby change areas in each washroom.